Skip navigation
pcbeach
Currently Being Moderated

Can't send a html file for review

Feb 23, 2013 1:21 PM

I am a beginner with Dreamweaver. I have created an index home page and wanted other people to review and critique the page, but when i e-mail the index.html file it opens incompletely and without content in their browsers. Seems it will only open correctly on my computer on which the file was created. Dropbox will not work or Google Cloud. Please help.

Thank you

As an add on to my question, when i try to share the page within my browser, i get an error message saying the page is secure or is not accessible by the public.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 5:39 PM   in reply to pcbeach

An HTML file can only be opened if the (HTML)file resides on a server. This is not something that DW forces upon us.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to pcbeach

Ultimately, you'll need to purchase a domain name *yourName.com* and obtain commercial web hosting for your site.  Once you have a domain name & web hosting in place, you upload your page(s) and dependant files to that web space for the world to see.  

If you don't have web hosting yet, you can obtain a temporary free space below.

http://www.000webhost.com/

Also, many ISPs offer a small, free web space with their plans (Earthlink, AT&T, Verizon, etc...)

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points