Skip navigation
four.roos
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements Organizer 11: Facial Recognition not working.

Feb 23, 2013 1:03 PM

Tags: #11 #facial_recognition

When I click on either 1 photo or 10 photos to add a name to the faces it says "no new people found in your selection". I have tried to only click on 1 photo, then click on mark face and it will say that this photo has not been analyzed yet, even though it has, and after analyzing it will say the same thing. Please help! I have over 20,000 photos to put names to the faces.

Thanks!!!!

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,815 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to four.roos

Try from Media tab and don't select any thumbnails. Simply click the Add people button at the bottom and let Elements complete the indexing. Then respond to the prompts.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to four.roos

four.roos wrote:

I have also tried to repair my catalog and optimize it and neither has fixed my problem. The only thing I think thats left is uninstalling and reinstalling but will my pictures and the faces I have applied so far still be the way the are now?

I don't use facial recognition and can't help you on that matter. Repairing and optimizing can do no harm but won't help either. Don't reinstall, that won't help you even if your catalogs will be preserved. I'd wait for other answers from people acquainted with the facial recognition feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2013 6:47 AM   in reply to four.roos

Hello,

I followed the directions on another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5192495) and could not get this fixed...did you find a solution?.  I renamed the psa.prf, status.dat and the peoplestatus.dat files.  It did not help.

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

RD

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to rtd3

I am having the same problem.  It was working, but now I can't even tag manually.  Have you found a solution?

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 3:33 AM   in reply to wadswoman

Please check your catalog location in Help >> System Info. Close Organizer and go to catalog folder. Double click the folder BreezeData and rename the file BreezeSession.dat to say BreezeSession.dat.old.

Launch Organizer and retry.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2013 8:35 PM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

This fixed the problem for me. I tagged the first 500 or so photos manually in my catalog of 7000. It was very tedious but doable. But now with face recognition working I should be able to finish the whole tagging task in just a few days. I'm a new user and bought PSE 11 3-1/2 weeks ago. Face recognition never worked from day one. Thanks you very much for your help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points