Skip navigation
peternh2
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with CS6: missing workspaces

Feb 23, 2013 1:46 PM

I've been working happily with CS4, and because I've been working on a large project for some time, have not wanted to jeopardise that by upgrading. However, having acquired a new laptop running 10.8.2, with which CS4 won't work, I've finally installed CS6 (InDesign 8.0.1) on both desktop and laptop machines.

I now have a major problem.

None of my workspaces, which include libraries of objects created for this particular project as well as other preferred settings, have appeared in CS6. This is a disaster. I'm not a power user, and I don't even remember how I created those libraries. To remake them would involve a lot of time I don't have both in going back to tutorials on the subject and then working out all the measurements and other factors all over again.

Can someone tell me how to get the CS4 preferences (if that's the issue) into CS6? I need to see a couple of workspaces and a library of objects. I'm unable to work until I can do that.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 1:59 PM   in reply to peternh2

Workspaces can be copied from version to version (but keyboard shorcuts from CS4 need special treatment if you want to copy them to later versions). You'll find them as .xml files in the Workspaces folder in your user profile/library. For where to look, see Replace Your Preferences. The Worksapces folder will be in the same folder as InDesign Defualts.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to peternh2

Styles are document attributes, not part of a workspace.

The folders and files you need are hidden in your OS. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points