Skip navigation
ClarkDaShark
Currently Being Moderated

Customizing Movement Commands

Feb 23, 2013 6:33 PM

Tags: #11 #premiere_elements

Hi everyone,

I am a music producer, and I use an audio editing program called Cubase. I recently did a video project for fun, and switched from Vegas to Premiere Elements 11 for it. I was super happy with the switch. But now I have a problem. The basic movement controls, such as zoom in/out, move left/right, scroll up/down, are different in each program, and it makes working smoothly in both Cubase and Premiere impossible. I have gotten really fast at the Cubase movement controls, and after a couple days I got used to the Premiere controls, but now I am having trouble switching back to Cubase. How do I change the way I move around Premiere? I want to be able to zoom, move left and right, and scroll up and down, all with the scroll wheel on my mouse, while holding different keys- shift for moving horizontally and command for zooming in and out. Is this possible? If nothing else, I would like to be able to reverse the direction you have to spin the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

Pax Caritas et lol,

-Clark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to ClarkDaShark

Scolling the mouse will move the timeline left and right.

For zooming in and out of the timeline scroll the mouse while holding ALT.

It will zoom in and out on the position of the mouse.

I dont think up and down is possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to ClarkDaShark

Short answer: nope.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to ClarkDaShark

With multiple programs, you might want to look into various control surfaces, or keyboards, as many can be programmed to provide similar functions in the GUI of different programs. These are specialized peripherals, but are used by many with their DAW's and their NLE's.

That is about as close as it will get, and be sure to check the compatibility with PrE, sepecifically. Many work well with PrPro, but you want to be sure that it would work with PrE, as well as Cubase.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points