Skip navigation
miloinperth
Currently Being Moderated

Why are files viewed in Bridge a lot brighter than Mac Finder window?

Feb 23, 2013 9:29 PM

Tags: #cs4 #bridge #mac #finder #brightness

Why do my camera raw files appear a lot brighter when viewed in Adobe Bridge than when viewed in the Mac Finder Window?  Like a lot brighter.  I'm not really sure which is the 'correct' brightness. Thanks!

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 24, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to miloinperth

No one?

Bridge shows the raw files according to the settings you have applied in ACR or if you have not applied any it shows the default ACR settings. The finder uses the embedded jpeg preview to show the contents of the raw file.

Without a screenshot it is hard to judge your situation but also check your Camera Raw settings (under Adobe Bridge menu see camera raw prefs) and in the default image settings be sure to have the option 'apply auto tone adjustments' unchecked.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2013 12:48 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Hello, friend

I tried to follow your suggestion, but Camera Raw refuses to pop-up, telling me a qualifying product must be lanched first, check the screen-shot and if you know what is it, please help. Thanks in advance.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/viostudio/12718582/512874/512874_original.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 5, 2013 1:38 AM   in reply to viostudio

You should first start Photoshop also to enable Camera Raw to function.

If this message still shows up then something is wrong with your install. Can you provide more details about set up and version numbers?

see also:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to viostudio

If you have any expired Adobe Trials on machine uninstall them.  This frequently causes the error message you see.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points