Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Add Media in PremiereElements 11 from a Canon Legria HF G10 AVCHD cam does not work

Feb 24, 2013 2:26 AM

Hi Everybody,

I need help as I didn't find anything in the FAQ concerning my problem. I use a canon Legria HF G10 camcorder (AVCHD).

Importing videos into Premiere Elements 10 is OK

But after upgrading to the version 11 of Premiere Elements, I do not succeed to get any video from my cam. The camera does not appear in the field SOURCE althoug my MAC OS did recognize it. And of course I get the message that no compatible device was detected.

Does anybody have experience with such a case or know how to help me ?

Thanks in advance

François

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 5:05 AM   in reply to Francois_FR44

Best is to copy files straight from camera to hdd then import into Elements.

If you connect your camera to the computer it will give you a PRIVATE folder. That is the one to copy.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to Francois_FR44

If you Copy the files w/ full folder structure, as Ann indicates, you do not have to have that particular card (or camera's HDD, if it has one), attached to the computer. You have those files on your HDD, so you can use that card for other shots.

PrE does NOT Copy the media files, when you Import them. Instead, it only creates links to where those files were located, when Imported. If they are still on the card, and it is removed from the computer, PrE cannot find those media files. If they are Imported from the Copies on the HDD, and are not Deleted, Moved, or Renamed, PrE can follow its link to them, as needed.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Francois_FR44

>prevent from any kind of issues

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0 talks about possible issues

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points