Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore Requests To Re-Render Motion Menus Every Time

Feb 24, 2013 1:36 PM

Tags: #preview #blu-ray #re-rendering #menus #encore_cs5

This might be a simple issue to solve, or a "feature" in Encore (CS5). When I render one (or all) motion menus for preview and re-open the Encore project (a few seconds later - same computer, etc.) I have to re-render them in order to preview them in motion.

This also happens (probably for the same reason) when I build the project - although in that case I don't even close it before building. This wasn't an issue with a few simple motion menus but this is for my present project: it takes about 70 minutes to render all motion menus.

Of course, I do not change anything after rendering and before closing and re-opening the project. Also, I can find these menus in the Project Folder > Sources > Menus as .m2v files (in this case), and they play with WMP as motion menus (without navigation, of course). Are these the rendered files? Is there a way to avoid this lengthy re-rendering?

Thank you for any help, suggestion, etc.

Laci.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to LaciG

Laci,

I have not encountered this behavior, unless I have made some change to the Motion Menu.

Quick questions:

Are you working from external HDD's?

Are you working from networked HDD's?

Good luck, and wish that I had some help for you.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to LaciG

I started encountering the same problems you described using Adobe CC Encore in a video project that has 40 video thumbnails buttons. Encore loses the motion menu renders and the links that relate to BD and DVD transcodes everytime I reopen the Encore project.  I have to rerender the project everytime I reopen the project, which is a very long process.  I also am using WIN 7 Professional.

On another note, has Adobe fixed the loop point pause during BluRay playback?  That is one annoying bug.  I have been complaining for about 3-4 years about that one.

Encore still isn't ready for prime time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to 1925desco

There is no Encore CC; Adobe has announced that Encore CS6 is the end of the line. So, no, the loop point was not fixed and will not be.

I still suspect permission issues as the problem with losing renders. Other than "run as administrator" and other permissions type options, I would move on to a reinstall. This is not normal behavior for  Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I didn't say that I had Encore CC.  I implied I had the Adobe CC with Encore. 

My impression is that Adobe intentionally keeps Encore as a subproduct.  To rebrand Encore CS6 as an equal full-fledged member of the Adobe CC family, with all of the companion CC advertising fanfare, would require Adobe to fix a number of problems that have been around for years. All of the CC products have a "bug fix" list posting on Google…except Encore. I would be thrilled to see what is Adobe doing in fixing Encore's problems.  If there is an Encore bug fix list, please tell me. 

I wish Abobe would stop feeling compelled to offer a plethora of new software options and focus on greater product stability. For product instability causes people like me and you to waste days of our time needlessly re-rendering projects or reloading the entire software suite in an effort to achieve just a minimal working copy of the software, nothing special, just a copy of the app that works as advertised.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to 1925desco

I agree that Adobe handles Encore as a subproduct (of Premiere specifically). However, I think they would have created an Encore CC if the only problem was whether it deserved a "CC" measure of hype. I think there is more to the story.

Yes, a bug list, with or without the "fix" modifier would be nice.

Do you have a link to the bug fix lists for CC?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points