Skip navigation
Jughead
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 10 working only once

Feb 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Tags: #pse10

Something has happened to my Photoshop Elements 10 ... it works once when I first use it .... it will not work the second time. Restarting my computer brings

it back. The recently added Win 7 64 bit box "Do you want to run this Program" box does not appear. I have also defragged my C: drive. It works when I access

it through Fastone as an external editor.

Whats the problem here? ... this is an activated registered version that has been working ... up until now. Should I deactivate it and removing it .... then reloading it and

reactivation it again .... or what? The OS is Win 7 sp1 64 bit ... with all the lastest updates. I am having no trouble running any of my other programs. Does Adobe have an

update or patch to fix this problem? What should I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to Jughead

How are you trying to launch it when not from Fastone? Are you starting the editor itself from the application file in the program files (x86), or from the welcome screen. If the latter, try starting it from the program files. Does that work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to Jughead

Sorry, your last post was blank.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 8:45 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

When you quit Editor navigate to Task manager and check under Process tab if you see PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe is running. It might be possible that some task is pending and hence exe is not quitting propely. Kill the process and check once again.

Thanks,

Gaurav

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points