Skip navigation
julieweisenhorn
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 for Windows: Type tool crashes program and am getting missing plug-in msgs.

Feb 24, 2013 4:03 PM

Tags: #crash #plug-ins #type_tool #indesign_cs6

Just installed InDesign CS6 for Windows. When I open the program, I receive three messages:

(1) Paragraph Panel.APLN needs Justification Panel plugin;

(2) Runin Styles Panell.APLN needs Find and Change Panel plug-in;

(3) Objectstylesui.APLN needs Graphics Panel plug-in.

To top it off, the type tool crashes the program.

I couldn't locate any current forum postings that appeared to help. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. I have done an update from Adobe.

Advice? This is an educator's addition if that matters.

Thanks,

Julie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 4:12 PM   in reply to julieweisenhorn

This sounds like an incomplete installation. Do you have adminsitrator permissions on your account?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to julieweisenhorn

First thing to check is if it will run in a brand new user account.

If not, I'd uninstall again, then run the CS Cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) to be sure the registry is cleaned of any trace of the failed installation.

Run MSconfig and turn off all unnecessary startup programs, especially antivirus and malware scanners, instant messengers, iTunes, browser helpers and toolbars, and third-party firewalls, then reboot and cancel MSconfig when it wants to run again. Run the installer again, then run MSconfig one more time to restore normal startup.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to julieweisenhorn

No need to remove CS3 (and I would not -- you might want to have it for working with the older files. There is no way back to CS3 from CS6 unless you have CS4 as well).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points