Skip navigation
King Tut\'s Mom
Currently Being Moderated

can't import RAW with LR4

Feb 24, 2013 6:10 PM

I am doing trial LR4....had LR3 and 1 previously.  Can't import raw files with 4.  Msg comes up saying, "Following files were not imported because they can't be read."  Whole reason I am trying it is because got Canon 5D Mk III and was told HAD to get it in order to process raw with this camera.  Imports fine by iphoto.  I will admit, however, like a dunce this morning I put in a new CF card and forgot to format it.....but I don't think this is the reason because I tried a couple of weeks ago and had same problem with a card that WAS formatted.  I had to import them with iphoto, but them in a file on my desk, then import them from the desktop.  Tried that this time, but the import column isn't even showing desktop as an option.  And when I try from the iphoto end, and it gets to destination, I go under applications, and Adobe photoshop LR 4 is grayed out so I can't click on it to send the photos there......HELP!!!!  (PLEEEZZZ!)  thanks!

Oh, BTW, I downloaded DNG converter, but have no idea how it works, don't see a help file with it, and yes, the version of LR 4 I am trying is 4.3.

King Tut's Mom

Message was edited by: King Tut\'s Mom

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2013 6:26 PM   in reply to King Tut\'s Mom

Quote "Following files were not imported because they can't be read"

Make sure you have full permissions to read and write for all the locations you are trying to import the files to. (e.g. If you are trying to import/copy files to a drive/folder where you only have read access you will get this message) I believe the reason you see this mesage is because before LR can read the files is they first have to be written/copied to the destination.

Make sure you have full read/write access to all drives/folders you are working with.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 12:52 AM   in reply to King Tut\'s Mom

Most of us agree that the new process version in Lr4 (PV 2012) is vastly better. The most obvious improvement is in highlight recovery, which now really works, whereas the old PV 2010 did little more than muddy the highlights (and in my mind was completely useless). You won't notice much difference until you start working the sliders.

As for the curve panel you're probably in "point curve" (where you can also adjust individual channels). Click the little icon bottom right to go back:

tone_curve_3.png

tone_curve.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points