Skip navigation
Kloppi75
Currently Being Moderated

Adding title to be changed

Feb 25, 2013 5:51 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_11 #title_text

Hi!

I'm new to APE11, and now I'm having a little problem. I've used to create a scoreboard on my gamevideo by creating a title text-field to the video. Earlier with different program (for example Pinnacle Studio) it was easiest to do by creating the title, and making it last from beginning to end. And when the score in the video changes, just split the text clip at the moment I want to change the score and change the text after the clip point. But now in APE11 if I change the text after the split point, it also changes the text before the split point. What am I doing wrong? Or what would be the easiest way to do this? Copy - Paste isn't the correct answer, because then I would have to change, not onyl the score text, but also the time that the score lasts.

I hope that you get the point I'm trying to explain, and can help me..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to Kloppi75

As I say in my books, this is because when you split oor copy a title you're creating two clones of the same title.

Instead, right-click on the title in your Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. You can then edit your duplicate independent of the original.

Meantime, if you're new to the program, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to Kloppi75

Steve has given you the correct method - Duplicate Title, and all of those Duplicates will be based on the design of the first, then you just change the "score," as needed, in each Duplicate. This article goes into a bit more detail on handling Titles in PrE: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1131177?tstart=0

The way that Premiere handles Titles differs from that of some other NLE (Non Linear Editor) programs.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Kloppi75

One function, that might save some time, would be to create you "scoreboard" Title, with no scores added yet. When you have finished with that, go to File>Export>Title, and use that to Save the scoreboard as a Title Template (PRTL file). That Template can be used over and over, and you can as many Instances of it, as would be required for all the score changes - just edit each, with the score, as is necessary. Note: PRTL Title Templates can only be used and edited by Premiere.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points