• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse and eCommerce without Coding

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created small sites using DW but not being coders prefer to use Muse where possible.

We have been asked to create a new ecommerce site for a client. The products are all downloadable files; there are no physical products to fulfill. They have a site that already sells some of their products but they want to move away from the current proprietary ecommerce solution and web design combination.

The BC eCommerce option looks attractive but I want to be sure we can deliver before saying yes to the client. These are my concerns:

How easy is it to create the forms necessary to expedite payments etc without coding, is an understanding of PHP required?

We will inherit the existing payment gateway. What are the technical issues involved in payment processing?

We have a Creative Cloud/CS6 subscription and last time I enquired the BC that this uses seemed to be on a different track to the standalone BC, is this still the case?

Sorry for being a bit long-winded but I couldn’t compress my questions any further.

PS. Is there an option for a subscription based model for downloading products to run in conjunction to a payment per download one?

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

Checkout forms are a built in part of BC, no PHP coding required.

The payment gateways currently supported are: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/features/payment-gateways

To build a webcommerce site you have to setup a new bc account, as current creative cloud subscriptions offer free webBasics sites that can not be upgraded. Here's some info on the partner program as well: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/business-catalyst/faq.html#partner-program

Products inside the commerce module can be marked as downloadable files right out of the box.

Regarding the posibility of adding a subscription based model, you could setup subscribing customers as wholesalers and set a wholesaler price as well for all products( of value "0")

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get the BC eCommerce to work right you will need to know javascript and maybe a framework like jQuery and understand HTML and CSS. Muse currently does not support eCommerce in BC so you will need to do coding if you want a well working BC eCommerce, you just do not need to know a server side language.

Alex missed the bit about you using Muse I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines