Skip navigation
admiralstevie
Currently Being Moderated

Organiser in Elements 11 can only find one tag at a time.

Feb 25, 2013 5:02 AM

Organiser tags will only find one tagged category at a time. E.g Typing "gill" in the find bar will return all photos with Gill in. Likewise Laura returns all photos with Laura in, but type both Gill followed by Laura will only return photos of Gill. I did not have this problem on Elements 10.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 5:06 AM   in reply to admiralstevie

You should try typing like "Gill or Laura". This will give All Pics of Gill + All Pics of Laura.

Similarly, "and" operator, "not" operator can be used. let us know if this doesn't work right for you.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to admiralstevie

Possibly there are no pictures in which BOTH are present?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 5:26 AM   in reply to admiralstevie

Alternatively you can use 'Advanced search'. On clicking 'Find->Using Advanced search', a pane will appear. It lists all your keyword tags, People, Places and Events in your catalog. To get the 'AND' and 'OR' behaviour, click on 'Options' button <shown on Find bar just below the Advanced search panel> and choose show best matches/close matches/non matches.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to Andromeda14

Andromeda14 wrote:

Alternatively you can use 'Advanced search'. On clicking 'Find->Using Advanced search', a pane will appear. It lists all your keyword tags, People, Places and Events in your catalog. To get the 'AND' and 'OR' behaviour, click on 'Options' button <shown on Find bar just below the Advanced search panel> and choose show best matches/close matches/non matches.

~Andromeda

Andromeda14,

Can you post a screenshot to show the 'Options' button ? I can't see it.

The only way I know to combine .AND. or .NOT. logical operators is to use the menu 'Find', 'by details, metadata'.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 5:50 AM   in reply to MichelBParis

Here it goes -

testtest.jpg

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to Andromeda14

Many thanks, Andromeda !

Now I can see the button and the options.

Your example won't help me directly because I don't use the new tabs 'people', 'places' and 'events'. I'm using only the tags panel on the right.

You made me discover that the 'option' button can work with selections in the right panel.

I still think the new interface has only drawbacks for me, compared with the old versions .

My wish ? enhance the 'find / by details metadata' with more logical operators options...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points