Skip navigation
cooter10883
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Illustrator printer issue.

Feb 25, 2013 10:01 AM

The first time I type Command + P prints directly (no window appears). It's been overwriting files I've printed previous. Any way to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to cooter10883

Please be more specific.  Mac/PC and which operating system?  "overwriting files you printed"..so should I assume you are printing to a PDF or a Postscript file?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to cooter10883

Hi. I wonder if only a few people experience this very issue. I am using Mac OS 10.6.8 using Illustrator CS6 (16.0.4). One of the changes they made (vs CS5) is that Illustrator seems to remember whatever your last print settings were. For straight print output, I have to make sure I check the printer being printed to. If I, as you, print to a postscript file, Illustrator remembers this. It doesn't seem to matter if I change the printer in the print dialog; it still prints to the last "saved" file location. My only fix, so far, is to quit Illustrator and start it up again. However, maybe it is your OS being Mountain Lion, this doesn't seem to work for you. It is very frustrating. My only other thought was that there could be some bad interaction with items in the "Other" section of the System Preferences. I tried shutting all items down but this has not fixed the situation for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points