Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to adjust the paragraph's after space increment units?

Feb 25, 2013 10:10 AM

Hello everyone. I have a document with images inserted as part of the text flow. I'm using one paragraph style for the image and another one for the image's description. The image's paragraph style has a 0.1875 inch after space. I want to adjust it down. It seems the increments are set at 0.0625 inch at a time (it goes from 0 to 0.0625 then 0.125  then 0.1875 and so for) But, visually, it actually adjust it only when increment reaches 0.125 (in between it doesn't have any visual effect). Is there a way to adjust the increment so it does it 0.0625 inch at a time instead of 0.125? Basically I'm adjusting the space between the image and the image's description. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to Ellis home

You can manually type in any number you want.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 10:25 AM   in reply to Ellis home

Ordinarily, you can specify any space-after you want (there will be an obvious difference between, say, .05 in and .06 in). What you have is text that is snapping to some kind of baseline grid. Look in the "Indents and Spacing" section of your paragraph style - the last dropdown is "Align to Grid."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 10:46 AM   in reply to Ellis home

Are you checking the attributes for the image description paragraph or the image paragraph for align to grid? You should be checking the description. There is likely to always be a certain amount of space between them because of the leading slug, but adding more space using paragraph spacing should be smoothly affecting the spacing unless align to grid is enabled.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points