Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Not Enough Free Storage - Encore CS6

Feb 25, 2013 11:19 AM

I've been making DVD images and Blu-ray images fine for months. Suddenly I get this error message: Blu-ray Error: "Not enough free storage", Code "25", Note: "Not enough hard drive space". I have 350 GB of free space on my system drive and 45 GB of free space on my data drive. What's up?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 7:40 PM   in reply to sneedbreedley

The first thing to do is go back to the main page for this sub-forum and, in the area just under Ask a Question, type in your error message

code 25

You may now read all the previous discussions of your error... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial short list

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to sneedbreedley

I have 45 GB of free space on my data drive.

Is that where your project, media and cache files are located?  If so, then this post from an Encore engineer may be relevant:

• You can apply the 6.0.2 patch that is available (if you have not done so) because the patch has a fix around this issue.

• There is a lot of space requirements for the dual layer BD project. Here is the list of almost all the things that would need space:
      • First the asset's indexed files would need space. For audio files, there might be conforming happening that again would need space.
      • Then when yoy build the project, the assets will be transcoded (if already not or they are not Don't Transcode). This would take a considerable amount of space as the transcoded assets are complete footage which would be huge.
      • Then while creating a image file, First all the files (muxed video streams) would be copied on the disc in a folder (generally named BDMV) and then at the final step, they would be copied from the BDMV folder to the iso file and finally the BDMV folder would get deleted. So this step would need almost double the size of your project. IF your project is say 35 GB, then this step alone would take more than 70GB.

So the space requirement for a 35 GB (Disc Info) project might go to almost 100 GB.

• But again there is some bug in size estimation for Motion menus and slideshows. Encore says that they will occupy lesser space but actually they are going to occupy more space. So if your project has motion menus or slideshow, then the estimation might be incorrect. So if it showing 35 GB (for example) and your project has motion menu or slideshow, then actually it might be 37GB or more or anything greater than 35GB depending on the slideshow and motion menu duration in the project.

NB: His comments apply to single-layer BD projects as well.  The topic in which he answered asked specifically about dual-layer BD.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to sneedbreedley

Well, all I can suggest is to clear another 50 - 100 GB of space on your data drive and try again.  Or, reduce the length of your video, which will make the project smaller, and try again.  Of course, the shorter video would only be used as a test -- I'm not suggesting you re-edit your project for delivery.

The point is to try something different.  Take a big swing initially, then fine tune as necessary.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to sneedbreedley

Did you clear any space on your data drive?  Did you shorten the length of the project?  If you didn't do either of those things, then creating a whole new project on that same drive was a waste of time.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to sneedbreedley

imported the same Ppro project using Adobe Dynamic Link

Don't do that.  Export out using the H.264 Blu-ray option.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to sneedbreedley

If you export it correctly, it will take no more space or time than Encore transcoding it using dynamic link (using Encore or AME as the transcode engine). The advantage of DL is ease of making changes without having a retranscode. Where there are other problems, DL is not worth the trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to sneedbreedley

My goal is to bypass exporting a video file. That takes more time and space on my hard drive.

It actually doesn't.  The video needs to be transcoded, so you either do it before import into Encore (preferred) or after.  Either way, it takes the same time and space.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points