Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to Windows 7 with Robohelp for Word X5

Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Robohelp for Word X5 on Windows XP Professional with Microsoft Office 2003.

I'm a consultant and my client's IT department is planning to upgrade to Windows 7. Does anyone know if X5 will work with Windows 7?

Thanks,

Brenda Hutch

Consultant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very much doubt you have a snowball's chance in hell. Rh 8 was the first version to be supported under Windows 7 and then only when patched.

Another consideration is that even if it did work, the outputs would not be compatible with modern browsers. They would not work on Chrome for example. Time to upgrade more than the operating system is my take.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, that's what I figured. I appreciate your quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp