Skip navigation
DeanMPhoto
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 shuts down

Feb 25, 2013 7:32 PM

I recently loaded PS CS6 and am having trouble with Bridge. When I right click on a RAW image to open it in Camera RAW (or use other methods) Bridge shuts down with the message: Data Execution Prevention has closed Adobe Bridge. I still have PS CS3 loaded; don’t know if that could part of the problem. What is shutting down Bridge and how can I fix it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 7:44 PM   in reply to DeanMPhoto

What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP for short) is a "feature" of Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately it is a bit far from its intent of preventing damage from viruses or other security threats. Most of the time, it just annoys the hell out of you. Anyway, if you have an antivirus, firewall and Mozilla Firefox you can turn it off without giving it a second thought.

How to turn it off

Simple. Right click "My computer" and then click on "Properties". You can access this through the Start menu as well.

In the "System Properties" window, find the "Advanced” tab, and click on it. Then, in the "Performance” section click the "Settings” button.

You can see in the "Performance Options” window a tab named "Data Execution Prevention”. Click on it, and make sure that the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” is selected.

That is it. Click Ok a few times to close the windows you opened, and then when you are prompted to restart your computer, click Ok again. Job done!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to DeanMPhoto

Have never seen or run into this problem before, so have little to offer, which is why I offered the above quote from a web site.  I got this by googling "adobe bridge data execution prevention".  You should try this and see if you find a better answer.

Having CS3 on computer will have no effect on CS6.

What operating system are you using? 

If you find solution please post back so others can benefit.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,000 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to DeanMPhoto

I worked on it last night and found that Mini-Bridge in PS will work, but have yet to get Bridge to work.

Not very familiar with Windows but this seems not quite possible to me. To get Mini Bridge alive you need Big Bridge being active. So if you can see files using MB there must be some version of Bridge running. Wether on a separate disk or partition or 32 or 64 bit I don't know but there is something of Bridge active when MB is working

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points