Skip navigation
Hialfi
Currently Being Moderated

Is this even possible with PSE 11?

Feb 25, 2013 7:31 PM

I am a long time user of PSE 2.  It lacks one functionality I would like to use: when I make a custom brush that uses multiple separate points, such as the ones shown at the beginning here: http://div.dyndns.org/EK/tutorial/froofy/, the brush has no pressure sensitivity.

After discussing the problem with a friend who has PSE 8, and who was able to get pressure sensitivity with just such a brush, I purchased PSE 11.  To my dismay, the custom brush still lacks pressure sensitivity.

Did I just waste eighty bucks?  Is it simply impossible to get pressure sensitivity with a multielement brush in PSE 11? (Fade does not count.)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 8:41 PM   in reply to Hialfi

Sure you should be able to use your custom brush with pressure in pse 11.

Did you check the pressure options under Tablet Settings?

Here's an example of a brush i made similar to the one in the link you posted and i'm able to use the different pressure options

and also save the brush with the settings intact.

Untitled-2.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 6:19 PM   in reply to Hialfi

The problem i believe is you have Set this as a default checked in the brush settings, which will use the settings from whatever brush was selected at the time the box was checked.

If you uncheck that box then pse 11 should use the settings as specified in the brush presets.

Untitled-2.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:28 PM   in reply to Hialfi

I think i get what your saying about the brush spacing changing between brushes as some settings for the brushes can't be locked

even in full version of photoshop. I guess it's by design, since it's been that way since photoshop 7.

I'm not sure i understand about the brushes being locked unadjustably on spacing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points