Skip navigation
rizzodigital
Currently Being Moderated

Weird anomaly with Site Setup dialog box

Feb 25, 2013 11:40 PM

Tags: #site_setup

When I went to create my new site under the Site/New Site/Manage Sites… menu, the Site Setup for (my name) shows up with the 4 options on the left (Site, Servers, Version Control & Advanced Settings with the drop down arrow option) nothing is visible in the Servers field except for the verbage at the top (Here you'll select… web administrator) until I click & move my mouse (cursor) over the areas (fields) then they populate (i.e. the Help, Cancel, Save buttons, the actual box to input Name, Address, Connection, Remote, Testing check boxes). I am successful once I get this stuff to appear but it is kinda odd. Any one else seen this? Just one of those things that is annoying me. I have Cloud on my Mac & PC and this does affect the PC. Thanks guys. Great forum BTW.

Rizzo

I have attached a few screen shots that show the issue. These appear one by one as I pass my mouse over them, until they are revealed. I do get the Add New Serrver buton to show but I have not been able to get the other buttons (options) to show ever. Just the description of the button. Weird.

SERVER_SITE_SETUP1.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP2.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP3.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP4.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP5.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP6.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP7.jpgSERVER_SITE_SETUP8.jpg

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 25, 2013 11:49 PM   in reply to rizzodigital

Can you try clearing your cache file? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 12:12 AM   in reply to rizzodigital

You actually can, safely clear the entire folder:

Sometimes, deleting this file is not sufficient, and you need to delete your personal configuration folder in its entirety. (as published in the URL provided earlier)

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 12:23 AM   in reply to rizzodigital

Your personal config folder will be re-created at next start if it is not found.

The .dat file shows as a movie probably because you've played a .dat file earlier (from a VCD - which is usually a video stream). Hence, file association may refer to it as a movie file. That shouldn't worry you though.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 12:32 AM   in reply to rizzodigital

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 4:18 AM   in reply to rizzodigital

Back to the basics now.

Have you updated your installation to the latest version yet? What build are you on? Dreamweaver > About Dreamweaver to find out.

Has this problem occured before? Or is this the first time? How long has it been since you installed DW? Is this happening for other site definitions as well?

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points