• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marquee not visible in browser

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a travelling marquee on the opening page of my project, which is visible in preview, but when uploaded and viewed via Internet Explorer, the marquee is absent. I imagine this is due to browser settings blocking ActiveX? Does anyone know which Internet Security setting solves this issue please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a user controlled setting in IE Options (Advanced) but if IE is blocking Active X it usually puts up a notice.

You can test if Active X is the issue by trying with another browser.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem in my own IE browser, and I can also see the marquee in Safari on my smartphone, but my end users are in a Council, which probably has more aggressive security controls. they get no message though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are allowed to change their settings in IE or their IT will, then you may have a solution. Otherwise they will need to use another browser if the issue is Active X and if they can use other browsers.

Check your IE Active X settings. If you deselect the allow active content settings and the issue is Active X, you will hit the problem if you run the content locally.

If the help is on a server Active X should not be an issue. That is why I think you need to create the problem locally with IE and then test that with another browser. If the help baulks with IE and not Firefox, then it likely is an Active X issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share more on the following:

> What is the content of your marquee- is it all text or image or mixed?

> Are you using a third-party control to place the marquee on the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vimal

The marquee has just text – no images, but it does contain a hyperlink. Not sure what you mean by ‘third party control’, - I inserted the marquee just using the functionality within RoboHelp 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp