Microsoft Works word Processor documents use the file extension WPS. Unlike the newer MS Office suite, the MS Works suite of applications doesn't include a PDF function, so WPS documents must be opened in MS Works to save in other file formats. Install a virtual PDF printer like 'Adobe PDF' on your computer to create PDF documents that are readable in Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat Standard and Professional editions automatically install a virtual PDF printer.
1. Launch Microsoft Works and open the Word Processor module.
2. Open the desired .WPS document by selecting "Open" under "File" in the top menu bar, choosing the file and clicking the "Open" button.
3. Select "Print" under "File" in the top menu bar.
4. Select 'Adobe PDF' printer
5. Select the paper orientation (i.e., landscape or portrait) and the paper size (e.g., Letter 8.5" x 11") from the options under the "Page Setup" tab.
6. Click the "OK" or "Print" button to open a directory.
7. Type the file name in the field next to "Document name," select the destination folder and click the "Save" button.