Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge will not open

Feb 26, 2013 9:07 AM

I have photoshop cs3, mac computer, Bridge will not open at all - anny suggestions on how to get it to open?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 26, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to kelleycd

anny suggestions on how to get it to open?

What computer (model, How much RAM installed and what graphic Card and VRAM? all can be foudn under the apple icon top left 'About This Mac'  , what OSx Version are you using?

Did it work before or is it a new install of CS3?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to kelleycd

Then I would reset the preferences.  Hold down the Option key and start Bridge.  YOu should get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 26, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Hold down the Option key and start Bridge.

If this does not help then go to your user library (not root, the one in your user account) preferences folder and find and manual delete the AdobeBridge.plist file and again hold down option key to restart Bridge and again refresh preferences.

If this is still not enough you have to consider to also manual delete the contents of the Bridge Cache folder also. (same user library but in the folder caches/adobe/bridge CS3) and inhere find and delete both the plug in and cache folder outside the library. Preferable in the trash but you can do so later.

After having deleted above mentioned files again restart bridge holding down option key and again reset prefs.

That should definitively work, I used this method a lot when using CS3 because this was (sorry to say) the worst possible version of Bridge.

You will have to rebuild the cache for your files to get accurate thumbs and previews and also your custom prefs settings need to be restored but that just takes a bit of time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points