Three of the five products install and run (apparently) correctly from DVD, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat. Two Fail with Error 5 with no additional information - Illustrator and Indesign. Uinstall/Cleaner/Reinstall twice with same error. Download installation of Illustrator also fails.
below is form the above post, whcioh is basiclaly what I would have recoomended
Here is what I did to fix this:
* Uninstalled every Adobe software on my computer in the Control Panel (everything; Adobe Acrobat, AIR, Flash, etc.). Flash Builder could not be uninstalled though (got an error telling me to use the CS5 Cleaner Tool)
* Used the CS5 Clean Tool and selected "Clean All" http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html
* Using cygwin I deleted the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
* Installed CS5 Master Collection Trial. Was able to input my existing FB SN there, so I'm running FB commercial and Flash Pro trial which was what I wanted.
Thanks a lot to Chris & his colleagues for walking me through this :-)
Thanks for the feedback. The problem turned out to be the third party Flash player used in the Win8 IE10 browser. Disabling that allowed the install to go forward. What lead me to it was references to Illustrator failing to load when a down level Adobe Flash player was on the system.