Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Italics, Bold, Fonts in ePUB

Feb 26, 2013 2:02 PM

Tags: #indesign #css #epub #xhtml

I am on a MAC and using InDesign CS5. I am exporting a book to the .ePUB format. I have attached paragraph and character styles to everything in my document and embedded fonts when saving to .ePUB. The fonts and italic/bold styles do not show up when I view in ADE. I tried switching to Times New Roman thinking that would help, but it still does not work. I opened the Template.CSS to try what was suggested in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/730708

I tried adding in the ", serif" part as suggested, but it still is not showing up as italic or with any of the correct fonts.

@font-face {

font-family: Handwriting - Dakota;

font-style: normal;

font-weight: normal;

src:url("Fonts/Handwriting - Dakota"), serif;

}

@font-face {

font-family: Times New Roman;

src:url("Fonts/Times New Roman"), serif;

}

@font-face {

font-family: Minion Pro;

src:url("Fonts/MinionPro-Regular.otf"), serif;

}

@font-face {

font-family: Times New Roman;

font-style: italic;

src:url("Fonts/Times New Roman", serif);

}

However, in the .xhtml file, the italics and fonts appear just fine. So not sure what problem is. Following is the code in the .xhtml file attached to the fonts and italics.

<p class="chapter-title" xml:lang='en-us'>THE AWAKENING: <span class="chapter-subtitle">Living in a sinful world</span></p>
<p class="txt-1st-para" xml:lang='en-us'>With <span class="txt-italic">heaven</span> and hell being so real, how did I end up getting a reservation to a place called hell? Hell seems so easy to attain, but very difficult to cancel. Here I am, running from God most of my life, but headed to hell. What is wrong with me? There are people who hate me and would like to see me dead. The devil is trying to kill me, but I keep on escaping the sting of death. I am tired of running day after day, night after night, living on the edge, hiding from God. Everybody knows now that I not the Christian that I acted out to be. But now God has got my attention! Sadly, it took another funeral (after many that I had attended). Someone else’s storm had become my wake up call to finally surrender unto God. This was it, I am out of breath, I am done living a lie. It is time for me to cancel my reservation to hell, come on home, live for the Lord, and do His will.</p>

Screen shot 2013-02-26 at 4.57.59 PM.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points