Skip navigation
tomarch
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS5 pdf slideshow problem

Feb 26, 2013 4:47 PM

Tags: #pdf #slideshow #bridge_cs5 #loop

My problem is that when I create a pdf slideshow, it loops even though I do not check the box next to "loop after last page". I have tried multiple times with no success. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 5:28 PM   in reply to tomarch

In slideshow options in View do you have it checked "repeat slideshow"?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 6:56 PM   in reply to tomarch

Have never worked with pdf files.  If you execute it outside of Bridge then would not that program that presidence in the operation?

Maybe someone else will come on with more knowledge of what you are doing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 12:48 AM   in reply to tomarch

No, the "repeat slideshow" is not checked. Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't that setting apply to viewing the slideshow in Bridge? My question relates to the saved pdf file, executed outside of Bridge.

The Output option for loop slideshow is for opening in third party viewers. It is also a bit of a mystery for me but in basic the theory should be when saving loop and playback options opening this file in a viewer application that should start with asking to accept the settings for this document (it does so in Acrobat Pro but not in my basic preview app on a Mac.

Ironically Bridge itself does not respond to the loop preset when having its own view slideshow active (but to be honest, this does not surprise me at all, one of the many flaws of Bridge when it comes to consistency )

And settings in the viewer on its turn should override the settings in the file (unless as described above in Acrobat with asking for permission). But as often, this is the theory and with all different applications and systems it is hard to find a general protocol for use.

If you have checked if both the file and the viewer don't have the loop after last page setting saved and you did not save it in a template in the Output module (but then it should be selected I would think) and it keeps repeating to loop then maybe reset the preferences for Bridge.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points