Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dual layer disc with DVD Rom content OSX problems

Feb 26, 2013 5:37 PM

I have a dual layer DVD for a client in Encore that requires DVD Rom content to be added. Upon burning the disc, the DVD plays fine in a player, and when loaded on Windows, shows all the files as expected. But, when loaded in OSX, the disc still plays fine, but finder can't see anything on the disc. Not just the content either, the VIDEO_TS folder isn't even there. More confusing still, when checked in terminal, everything shows up there. The same results happened when outputting an ISO from Encore and burning that. However, when output as a DVD folder, then finalized in Toast onto disc, it works perfectly.

This would be fine, except the disc needs to be sent to a plant for duplication. So I sent them DDPs and the working, Toast-made master just in case. We get back the 2500 DVDs and sure enough, nothing shows up in OSX. DDPs have the same issue as burning straight from Encore or the ISO. The client needed these discs by Thursday, that's not going to happen now. Don't know how this is going to impact our business but it won't be good. This is a pretty serious issue that I hope Adobe will address, I don't want to have to learn DVDSP but what choice will I have if Encore can't perform these pretty standard functions properly?

For the record, I tested a single layer DVD with Rom content--works just fine. The issue only happens on dual layer discs. Has anyone encountered this before, or know what might be some sort of work around? The issue is clearly happening within Encore so I don't know what I could possibly do to fix it...

Mac Pro 3,1 (early 2008)

Quad-Cor 2.8 GHz

16 GB RAM

Geforce 8800GT

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points