Skip navigation
NOB@FIT2
Currently Being Moderated

Getting website flash animation to work on smartphones (iOS, Android, etc)

Feb 26, 2013 8:39 PM

Tags: #air #cs5 #iphone #android #mobile #ios #ipad #actionscript #flash_cs5 #web_animation

Hi everyone, I am an Advertising Design student who has a great passion for web development and coding. Currently, I've been designing a website for a good friend of mine, who wanted a scrolling feature so that people can browse through his products and click on one that they want further information on, and everything works as it should on a desktop browser. Of course I realized that everything would fall apart once people tried to view the site on a mobile platform. My original idea was to just downsave the flash to 5 or 6, but I didnt realize that all my actionscript work would be in vein. On top of that, I am daunted by all the possible export options available, and im not quite sure what to use, or how I should impliment them on in my HTML.

Currently I have been using CS5 for this, although I have access to CS6 if that would make this process easier.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 1:50 AM   in reply to NOB@FIT2

From my own experience there is no general "Best Practice" to tackle your task: It all depends on the details of your project.

As I see it you have at least 2 different options:

1. Trying to rework your Flash File with Toolkit for CreateJS

2.Design the site from the ground up with the new Edge Tools

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points