Skip navigation
hehiha
Currently Being Moderated

AI CS6 install - sample code can't run correctly

Feb 26, 2013 8:01 PM

Tags: #illustrator #error #windows #plugin #plug-in #sdk #cs6

Hi

I have problem with run sample code in AI CS6.

I install AI CS6 and download SDK for AI CS6. I build plugin sample code (tutorial, webter). I build success but This program can't run in CS6.

With Tutorial. It's apprirance in menu Help and menu Object->Filter->SDK->Tutorial. But no action when I click there

With webter. It's apprirance in menu Help and menu Window->SDK->webter. But no action when I click there

My Os is windown XP SP3.

I build with visual studio 10.

I can build success plugin sample code in SDK CS5 and run success with AI CS5.

Do you have same problem ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 12:29 AM   in reply to hehiha

Hello,

Have you set your environment correctly?

Have you added the directory where to look for the plugin you had just build? (in the preferences menu).

Have you tried to debug step by step just to check if your plugin was loaded correctly?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to Toto RoToTO

Hi Hehiha,

Because you have the menu items appearing I think the C++ side of the sample should be running correctly. However both these samples use a flash extension to provide the UI which is something that has changed between the CS5 and CS6 SDKs. If the extensions that provide this UI were not installed or running using Extension Builder then I would expect it to lead to the behaviour you are experiencing.

To install  the extensions to confirm that this fixes the issue you can do the following:

If you look in the TutorialUI or WebterUI folders you should see an output folder in with TutorialUI.zxp or WebterUI.zxp if you double click those files they should open Extension Manager and install the extension.

If you restart Illustrator and retry the plugins I would expect them to now show a panel after you have clicked on the menu items. That is if the problem is what I have described.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

Robert

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points