Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Any way to export a ProRes422HQ QT movie or Avid DNXHD QT movie in AME, Premiere or AE CS6 ?

Feb 26, 2013 8:57 PM

I have to provide to my distributor either a  ProRes422HQ QT movie or Avid DNXHD QT movie.

I have AME, Premiere and AE CS6, any of them able to export one of these ?  Maybe with a pluggin or something ?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to fredou_79

Yes, here is how to do it with Premiere CS6.  I use Windows so I can show you how to do it for Avid DNxHD, if you want to do ProRes you'll just have to switch the codec on the export.  First to export in DNxHD you will need to download the codec from Avid (free) and run the installer.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en423319

Once the codec is installed go into premiere, do everything you need to do until you are ready to export then go to File>Export>Media like normal and select Quicktime as the format

Capture1.PNG

Then on the Video Tab the first option dropdown the video codec menu and you will have all your Avid codecs (and ProRes if using a Mac with FCP, I think been awhile since I've exported on a Mac so don't quote me on where the ProRes ones are).

Untitled-4.png

Then just go through and make sure all the other setting you want and need are correct, also with DNxHD when you select it that codec setting button that you see in the first picture will fill in and you can adjust the codecs options in another popup window.

The process is similar if exporting in AME, just drop in the Premiere Sequence and find the DNxHD codec fromt he Quicktime list then get all your settings.  Not sure about the exact steps you would need for AE, since I didn't go look it up its probably not to difficult to figure out.  Might be a better way to do this, just how I would do it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 26, 2013 9:29 PM   in reply to fredou_79

So as to be able to export to ProRes out of AE, PrPro or AME you need to be on a Mac and have Final Cut or Compressor installed.

So as to be able to export to DNxHD, download QuickTime codec package from Avid webpage and istall it - now you'll see Avid options in Video Codec drop down menu when you choose Format: QuickTime.

So as to avoid gamma issues and severe artifacts, choose 'RGB Levels' when you export to DNxHD 4:2:2

PrPro. DNxHD 422 Settings.jpg

and '709' when you export to DNxHD 4:4:4

PrPro. DNxHD 444 Settings.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points