Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Site structure in google results

Feb 26, 2013 8:57 PM

Tags: #mac #html #layout

Hi there, I would relaly appreciate your help ,not sure what happened but  , the structure of my site is not showing anymore in google results .

Meaning the homepage is showing alone as a first entry, then each item in the navigation is showing as a seperate entry instead of being a sub title under the homepage, as in the screenshot.

screen.jpg

I am using a macbook pro, OS X

safari 6.0.2

Dreamweaver CS 5.5

Here is the index page: www.roulasorour.com

Many thanks,

roula

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to piixy

@piixy,

These are called 'Sitelinks' in Google terminology. Google decides how they cache and display sub-pages as Sitelinks when your main URL is displayed under their Search results. A lot of factors influence this - occurence of your sub-pages, ranking, relevance of content, content updates, etc...

There is no way you can ask Google to add Sitelinks to your main site. However, Google gives you an option to 'Demote' a sitelink if it is irrelevant.

To find out how you could optimize your website's SEO, sign into Google Webmaster Tools - http://www.google.com/webmasters

Once you sign in, you can add & authorize ownership of your domain to start seeing critical data that will help you optimize your ranking.

This link gives you more details about 'Sitelinks': https://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47334

Good luck.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 26, 2013 11:06 PM   in reply to piixy

It's not always 'what you did'. Like I said, Google's algorithm decides how they place your sitelinks in referece to your main domain. This keeps changing over time. Maybe, your site will be back there soon without any change!

All the best.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points