Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cftextarea

Feb 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 2:11 AM   in reply to Community Help

Has anyone experienced issues with IE10 and CFTEXTAREA? I am finding that I have to specify cols/rows in addition to width/height, but more importantly I cannot get the HTML toolbar to display. If I click the compatibility mode button it displays as normal, so there must be an issue with IE10 not supporting some of the code used in this command.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to Martin Bailey

I found that I had to take the cftextarea form out of any page (in IE9) that has the head tag in it to get it to work properly.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to inAfog

Sorry, I don't understand? Every page will have a head tag in order to validate. Can you be a little more specific please?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to Martin Bailey

I’m not good at all the behind-the-scenes stuff.  I just accidentally discovered that the cftextarea richtext=”true” (specifically the buttons in the cftextarea header bar) only worked on pages that didn’t have a <head> tag.  They won’t work if they are included in a page with a <head> tag either.Take out the <head> tag and see what happens. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to inAfog

Taking out the <head> tag didn't work for me. I see the problem is also addressed here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15439926/cftextarea-richtext-editor -not-working-in-ie10

but I don't understand where/how to place the AjaxOnLoad command. Can anybody help nail this down?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points