Skip navigation
Mangaboo999
Currently Being Moderated

Image size difference making PDF's in Bridge

Feb 27, 2013 9:08 AM

Making PDF's in Bridge on a Mac.  The image size I am using is 199 x 300 pixels (5.3 x 8 cm) and when I add a horizontal image to the output preview box, the images retain that size, however, when I add the vertical images to the preview box, although they still show as the same pixels, they display and print at 3.5 x 5.3 cm, much smaller.  Need help, please.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 27, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Mangaboo999

although they still show as the same pixels, they display and print at 3.5 x 5.3 cm, much smaller.

This has something to do with fit in bounding box or something like that. You can try fiddle with custom formats and spacing settings in the document and lay out panels.  But the easiest way to get them the same size is to just use the option to rotate for best fit in the lay out option. This creates same sized files but puts all in landscape or portrait mode.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 28, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to Mangaboo999

however, all the prints need to be the same orientation.  Both vertical and horizontal prints appear on the same page.

CS6 has also brought back the old Contact sheet script but I don't think this will do it either. Both PDF output and Contact sheet script are meant mainly for contact sheet use. And both have the boundary box rules as it seems, maybe you should play more with dimensions and rows/columns but I doubt this will give you the result. In older versions there was picture package which maybe was more what you needed?

Don't know why you need them to be the same size exactly? However as said, mainly for contact sheet use and not a sophisticated print module (a wish from many users)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points