Skip navigation
KarlRy36
Currently Being Moderated

Media Queries Dialog Box

Feb 27, 2013 9:21 AM

The Media Queries dialog box is not showing the properties to allow me to edit. The heading for properties is showing however no information is being displayed. Does anyone know what is causing this. I am using windows 7 on a netbook.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 27, 2013 10:56 PM   in reply to KarlRy36

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 28, 2013 1:15 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I saw another post from you via Community Help. I guess you're referring to this?

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 2.42.04 PM.png

If you are, then you have to create a new Media Query parameter first. Or you could also use 'Default Presets'. Clicking on Default Presets will create 3 presets (phone, tablet & Desktop) and will allow you to customize their properties like this:

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 2.42.11 PM.png

If you're an advanced user and want to start from scratch, you can click on the '+' sign instead of 'Default presets' to start defining your own properties. You can create as many properties as you would like, as follows:

Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 2.42.18 PM.png

Trust this helps.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 28, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to KarlRy36

Please post a screenshot of what you¹re seeing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 28, 2013 5:47 AM   in reply to KarlRy36

If you're on Windows, follow instructions here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm to take a screenshot.

If you're on Mac, press Cmd + Shift + 4, drag an area that you want to screenshot. The image will be stored on your Desktop.

Upload that image here using the little 'Camera' icon on the top when you press 'Reply'.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Feb 28, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to KarlRy36

Can you try clearing your cache: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

If deleting the MacFileCache-***.dat alone doesn't help, read the steps in the URL above to delete the containing folder.

Not to worry - this is not destructive. DW will re-create it on next start.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to KarlRy36

I see you're trying to edit a DWT file. 

As a test, go to File > New > Blank page > HTML > Layout <none>.  Hit Create button.  SaveAs test.html.  Can you insert Media Queries into this page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

This is the problem being faced by me, too. Here is the screenshot.

You can see that there is absolutely no way in which I can get access to the supposedly present css file button on the properties panel. I tried your solution of removing the .Dat file but no go.Please help.

This is a new html file and not a template.

screen mq.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to Dueep Jyot Singh

You're right.  The media query panel is too long to fit my display.  So I can't access the lower input fields at all. Shows how often I use this panel - never.

File a Bug Report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 8:30 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Lucky you! But I alas, need to attach media query  css files ever so often because my clients want responsive websites which can be accessed through any media regardless of screen size.

So naturally Murphy's law has made certain that I have the property panel missing in my particular software. On par with the idiosyncracies of my software model.

Anyway I've filed a bug report, that's that, nobody will bother doing anything about it and here I am left with egg on my face.

Ah well. Just the way the cookie crumbles and I mustn't grumble!

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to Dueep Jyot Singh

You can add media queries manually in code view.  Adjust min- and max- widths as required.  Create a media query snippet for quick insertion.

Inside the <head> tags:

<link href="styles/phone.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width: 0px) and (max-width: 649px)">

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to Dueep Jyot Singh

Hi Dueep,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Just so that you are aware, I have passed this information to the team. They will investigate, and log a bug if required. If you think this is definitely a bug, you can log one yourself at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to Preran

I can confirm this is an actual bug.

I'm sorry Preran but the bug tracking system you provided has no option for Dreamweaver CS6.  The product choices: Air, ColdFusion, open source frameworks... are not relevant to this particular problem which is shown in the following screenshot.

In DW CS6 (I'm using version 12.2 build 6006), go to Insert > Media Queries.  The bottom input fields cannot be accessed to select CSS files.  It's unusable.

MediaQueriesPanel.jpg

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Thanks so much Nancy for the tip (a href  stylesheet link ) _naturally I'll need three stylesheets for 3 screen sizes, or I can go global in one stylesheet a la DW's fluid grid css...)and this confirmation that there is a bug, grin.

I tried changing screen resolutions thinking there was something wrong with the display, perhaps, hiding the buttons below or something but no go. One can't make curry without necessary ingredients present and they were not there at all grin!! So I'll be using links.

Anyway, thanks again, Sanitysaver!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

Hi Nancy, Dueep

I have provided the team with the information you provided me, and I willl now log a bug on our internal bug base on your behalf. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points