I recently had a power outage while I was exporting some photos from Organizer and was unable to open Organizer after that. I posted a question on Feb 25 at 6:45pm, and Andaleepfatima1 recommended some actions that were very helpful in my being able to set up a second catalog. I can now go into Organizer using catalog #2, and then into catalog #1 using the catalog manager to switch catalogs. I still cannot go directly into catalog #1 where all of my albums, slide shows, etc. are. I repopulated catalog #2 with my photos, and tried to redo an album, but the pictures that I sent into the album display as being very blury, etc. When I leave Organizer to shut down, I have to leave from Catalog #2 so that I can get back in through it, because I can't start the program if Catalog #1 is the "current" catalog. Is there any way that I can repair catalog #1's files so that I can get back to normal with the program? I was using Organizer for all of my organizing. PSE10, Windows 7, 12GB RAM. Thank you very much for any ideas you might have.
Just to add, the optimize and repair options are to be done on the 'catalog #1'. The details on how to do it are present at:
Thank you very much for your suggestion, but I had done the Catalog Manager “repair” and “Optimize” procedure earlier with no success, however I tried it again just to make sure, but the same results. I still cannot go directly into PSE through my #1 organizer catalog. Any other ideas we might explore? Thanks again.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, but I had done the Catalog Manager “repair” and “Optimize” procedure earlier with no success, however I did try it again just to make sure, but got the same results. I still cannot go directly into PSE through my #1 organizer catalog. Any other ideas we might explore? Thanks again.
Something to try.
We don't know what is wrong in the catalog # 1. Generally it's the catalog.pse11db sqlite database file (I suppose you have PSE11 ?). The repair command should be able to correct many errors in that file, but we don't know if the other files are ok.
If you locate that catalog file (in the menu help/system info) you could try deleting all the other files than the catalog.pse11db : they are automatically rebuilt.
Then close the Organizer and double click the catalog.pse11db, which should open the organizer and the catalog.
(Note that if you don't want to risk deleting the other files, you could make a copy of the whole folder as a backup.)
If that does not work, it would be worth testing the catalog.pse11db file with an sqlite tool, which could be more effective than the Organizer repair command.
That did it! It worked! Thank you, thank you very much for your expert assistance! I found the “catalog” PSE10db file at c:\program data\adobe\elements organizer\10 (yeh, it’s 10, not 11)\catalogs\my catalog. I copied and saved the “my catalog” folder in a new folder beneath it as “my catalog backup” (my leap of faith isn’t what it used to be). Then I deleted all files in “My Catalog” EXCEPT the catalog PSE10 db file, and double clicked on that file. And Organizer opened up without the nasty note saying something was wrong with it and it had to close. Some of the tags and albums initially looked sort of squirrely, but I coaxed them back to life. So it looks like I’m back to where I was before the power outage. The first thing I did was do a complete backup. Thank you very much again.