Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to repair an Organizer catalog after a power outage?

Feb 27, 2013 5:22 PM

Tags: #organizer #windows_7 #crashes #pse10 #elements_10

I recently had a power outage while I was exporting some photos from Organizer and was unable to open Organizer after that.  I posted a question on Feb 25 at 6:45pm, and Andaleepfatima1 recommended some actions that were very helpful in my being able to set up a second catalog.  I can now go into Organizer using catalog #2, and then into catalog #1 using the catalog manager to switch catalogs.  I still cannot go directly into catalog #1 where all of my albums, slide shows, etc. are.  I repopulated catalog #2 with my photos, and tried to redo an album, but the pictures that I sent into the album display as being very blury, etc.  When I leave Organizer to shut down, I have to leave from Catalog #2 so that I can get back in through it, because I can't start the program if Catalog #1 is the "current" catalog.  Is there any way that I can repair catalog #1's files so that I can get back to normal with the program?  I was using Organizer for all of my organizing.  PSE10, Windows 7, 12GB RAM.  Thank you very much for any ideas you might have. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2013 8:38 PM   in reply to K J 27

Please try repairing catalog by using following options present under catalog manager:-

1) Repair

2) Optimize

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 10:59 PM   in reply to saurabh288

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to K J 27

Something to try.

We don't know what is wrong in the catalog # 1. Generally it's the catalog.pse11db sqlite database file (I suppose you have PSE11 ?). The repair command should be able to correct many errors in that file, but we don't know if the other files are ok.

If you locate that catalog file (in the menu help/system info) you could try deleting all the other files than the catalog.pse11db : they are automatically rebuilt.

Then close the Organizer and double click the catalog.pse11db, which should open the organizer and the catalog.

(Note that if you don't want to risk deleting the other files, you could make a copy of the whole folder as a backup.)

If that does not work, it would be worth testing the catalog.pse11db file with an sqlite tool, which could be more effective than the Organizer repair command.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 11:47 PM   in reply to K J 27

Glad it worked for you

That was only a theoritical supposition, never supported by actual experience. Now we know that such a solution can work in situations like yours.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points