Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bevel effect with artifact

Feb 28, 2013 3:45 AM

I have created a nice typographic logo encapsulated in two underlaying outline shapes, one of them has a bevel effect applied to it. It looks terribly nice, except for one spot on the entire length of the path. The path has no compound in it, and there only good curved anchor point around that area. So I do not understand why Illustrator creates a bugger right there.

Created from ground up in Illustrator CS4, no autotrace used.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to this issue?

Thanks for any feed back

Skærmbillede 2013-02-28 kl. 09.54.40.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to jesse63

All I can think of is that there may be some kind of issue with the originating path. Check for extra points along the edge that don't show up with flat colors.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to jesse63

Have you tried Expanding the effect?  It looks like an Open path.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to jesse63

Could make guesses for a long time, or take the time to try and recreate the art and effects. But it would be easier if you provided a sample file demonstrating the effect.

Call me lazy on the recreate thing.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 12:39 AM   in reply to jesse63

Seems to be because that's where the path closes on itself.

You can add additional anchors in that corner and move the spot, but I can't seem to eliminate it. I can move it by adding additional anchors tot he path, but it takes a great many anchors to shift it to some place less noticable.

Seems to be an issue with the path and the bevel applied to it. Perhaps the "Tail Round" is overlapping itself??? Looks like a bug or at the very least a glitch.

I don't think there's really a solution with the existing artwork. Best you could do is add anotehr object on top (Gradient Mesh) to cover it. Not sure if that's an option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points