Skip navigation
NathanWO
Currently Being Moderated

I have downloaded CS6 trial

Feb 28, 2013 5:55 AM

Tags: #cs6 #photoshop_cs6_crashes

a message keeps coming up A problem has occures and needs to close down, then it says windows will notify me when a a solution has been found, i have 4.00gb RAm on my laptop, i also found something cant remember how to get there again but it sayd i have 1700mb ish on graphics, i really need to do some work on photoshop for my lesson tomorrow

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to NathanWO

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to NathanWO

Perhaps you are thing of the amount of ram dedicated to photoshop?  That is is edit/preferences/performance.  It should be about 50-60% .

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to NathanWO

CS6 requires a lot of the graphics card and driver.  May have to check with makers website to see if you have latest.

In meantime go into the performance page and uncheck "use graphics processor".  If it works this way it is definately the GPU.  Might be able to click on Advanced and change mode to basic and see if that works.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to NathanWO

Since it is grayed out it means your graphics card is not recognized by PS.  Can mean it does not see it or it is underpowered so will not work in the OpenGL mode.

To see what card you have click Help/System Info.  Part way down the screen you will see the graphics card listed.  Report back what it is.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 8:31 AM   in reply to NathanWO

Here is the problem

The GPU Sniffer crashed on 28/02/2013 at 16:06:55

Display: 1

Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 768, right: 1366

No video card detected

THe GPU Sniffer is program to detect if GPU will work with PS.  Since it does not see any graphics card it can't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to NathanWO

THis list is not current, but will give you some ideas.  http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq.html

You should also consider that CS6 will work with older computers, but to get all the benefits of the programs you should be running Win7 with min 8 gig of ram and a medium or above video card ($60-100).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to NathanWO

You may not need a new graphics card, you probably just need to update the video card drivers from the GPU maker's website.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points