• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Communications Suite forum now active

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is interested, Adobe has opened a forum specifically for the Technical Communications Suite:

"This forum is for discussions about the Adobe Technical Communications Suite and workflow within the Suite."

You can find the forum at www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c051f87/

Hope to see some people there soon... :-)

~Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a suite is a collection of products, what is the sense in a separate forum for a suite? Still, if it makes sense to Adobe, they need to hurry and add forums for
1. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium
2. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Standard
3. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
4. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard
5. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium
6. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
7. Adobe LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is more than a the sum of the parts. There are some additional features in each part to make the integration tighter. For example: You can maintain a FrameMaker document and then just click two buttons to update a RH project.

Nonetheless, I take your point but let's give it a chance and see whether it helps or hinders.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicated post.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I may be mistaken, but I think that the forum for the TCS is really just a list of pointers for the different products. For example, when I click the link for Captivate or RoboHelp, I seem to end up in the appropriate forum. So this is probably just easing someone's entry into our world.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. I thought that too with those links at first. Although they do link to the relevant forum, there are there to lead people to the correct place if their query is purely Captivate, RH, Framemaker, etc. related. The TCS forum is a separate entity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Okay, I think I'm getting your drift. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think you (and others) are basically saying that we have another mouth to feed with having an additional forum. So users could theoretically ask a question in the TCS forum that pertains only to one of the individual products instead of visiting the dedicated forum. That about right?

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the long and the short of it Rick. It is sort of confusing I feel and I think we will find lots of posts in the incorrect location. So far, not many people have noticed the new forum and as it operates in a different and (IMHO opinion) less user friendly manner it hasn't many posts. Maybe people will continue with the old forums as before regardless of whether they have a TCS query. Only time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in... yes, users could post a question to the TCS forum that only pertained to one of the individual products, just like they can mis-post to any forum. I don't know how the forums operate, but perhaps that could be mitigated by admins moving posts that should have been posted to an individual forum.

I am only familiar with the FM/RH integration in TCS, so I can only speak to that, but I think that a forum dedicated to the enhanced, integration-related features of those products in the TCS is a good thing. If you are using those features, your questions will pertain to both FM and RH, and skill/knowledge in both programs is necessary. For example, how to get the auto-creation of a glossary in RH from a glossary in FM to work - you need to know how to set markers in FM properly and you have to understand how RH interprets those markers (I'm guessing - I haven't got it to work yet 🙂 ). Without a separate forum, a user really would have to cross-post to both the RoboHelp and the Framemaker forums to hopefully find someone with some experience in this.

The downside is that by posting to the TCS forum you may missing the expertise of people who could answer your question if it required some in-depth knowledge of either program.

Just my 2 cents,
Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda

The downside is that by posting to the TCS forum you may missing the expertise of people who could answer your question if it required some in-depth knowledge of either program.

Nahhh, not as long as those of us that care know to keep an eye on the new location!

Cheers and happy Friday all! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Nahhh, not as long as those of us that care know to keep an eye on the new location!

Well, that's what I'm hoping will happen :-)

Thanks,
Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a forum-meister's note at the top of the TCS page saying that's the place for issues regarding relationships between and among the individual apps -- importing, exporting, combining features, etc. -- while app-specific topics should be posted in that app's forum.

It sort of says this now, but in a roundabout way.

Just a thought.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody tried logging into the new forum? It didn't accept the username and password that I use on this one. When I tried the lost password function and supplied by e-mail address, the new forum indicated that my address isn't found and I am not a member of the new forum. Does this mean that I now need one username and password for this forum and another username and password for the new forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different forum "systems" and they have different logins. Someone else here could probably explain it better (and the history behind it), but the TCS forum is in the group that uses a different login than this one. When you register for the other forum, I guess you could try using the same username and password as you do for this one to make it easier to remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to install Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard on a Mac, while you already have Adobe Creaitve Suite 6 Production Premium installed. It is a VHS/Student version and because some programms are double, but I actually only want to install InDesign CS6, and there is no user defined installation option, I´m not sure if this is possible. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately you are asking about Creative Suite in a forum category where a different product (Technical Communications Suite) is discussed. Try clicking the link below to display the main forums page, then locate a more suitable forum and repeat the question there. I'd simply move the post for you but the interface isn't giving me the option.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx and i cant remove the post... thank you for your advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp