Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

use.typekit.com is KILLING the Adobe forums - please remove it from the site

Feb 28, 2013 9:09 AM

TSIA.  use.typekit.com is the reason why these forums are excrutiatingly S L O W.

Will Adobe kindly kick use.typekit.com to the curb, so some activity can actually take place?

Thank you,

^_^

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to WolfShade

I don't notice any slowness on the Adobe Forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to Tim Cunningham-ACP

Can you try an alternative browser or a different machine. It works fine at our end as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Tim Cunningham-ACP

Nor do I.

--
    Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to WolfShade

Still: it's a problem with your machine, not the forums themselves.

What happens if you browse to the URL that is responding slowly (the only typekit URL I can see on this page is http://use.typekit.com/fxk4olf.js. Is that the one you're seeing being slow)? What do you get if you do a tracert on it?

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to WolfShade

Sounds to me like your browser is screwed mate.

Try D/Ling Chrome and using that instead. It's lightyears ahead of IE, and substantially better than FF for general browsing.

--
    Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to Adam Cameron.

Or else, try resetting your browsers. That may help.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to WolfShade

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to WolfShade

Hi,

I would suggest the same, in that case

Try D/Ling Chrome and using that instead. It's lightyears ahead of IE, and substantially better than FF for general browsing.

--
    Adam

Regards,

Anit Kumar

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to WolfShade

Saying that Chrome is as bloated as IE is a gross overstatement. And saying that Chrome has JS issues while you are using IE is...  I just don't know what that is.

Regardless, you're right. getting Chrome will probably not solve the issue. The issue is either withy oru machine or with your network. 

Are you sure you can't try it from any other machine?  Preferably two machines, one that is on the same network and one that is not. That may help you narrow down the issue.

Also, try disabling anti-virus and firewalls and see if that changes anything.

You appear to be the only one having these issues, so clearly something is wrong on yoru end and you need to trouble-shoot.  Despite your Chrome bashing, I wish you luck in fixing this.

Bloated... pfft.

Jason

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to WolfShade

You have a very peculiar outlook on the web if you position IE as being superior in any way to Chrome. It's quite simply not. IE has been a laughing stock for a number of years now. This is not anti-Microsoft bias (I rail against those types, I have the deepest respect for Microsoft), it's just that IE is ****. Everyone knows this. You'd have to be one of the few web professionals that even uses it for anything other than browser-compat testing.

Aside from that, if these forums are so important to you, then put your money where your mouth is. Fix your computer. The problem is not with the forums, it's with your machine. So do something about fixing it. Don't just say "no, don't want to do that".

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to WolfShade

WolfShade wrote:

I would paste the message, here, but IE won't let me paste what I've copied.  Basically, it says "Network error: A communication error occurred ' '".

Is this in response to my request asking you to browse to the URL that was giving you a problem?

You need to put more effort into feeding back to us. If your IE install doesn't work properly, use a different browser. But from what you say, you have a network issue on your end.

Did you do the tracert?

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to WolfShade

If I could propose a workaround.. I am not really sure what use.typekit.com offers that the site is using.. but I put the following entry in my hosts file

use.typekit.com

The adobe site still comes up fine and doesn't look any different.  All your symptoms points to that fact that *you* have an issue with your network,firewall, etc.. The above workaround may bypass trying to connect to use.typekit.com at all.

Tim

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to WolfShade

Right: so it sounds like your network is blocking that IP address. Which'd be what your problem is.  Get it unblocked.

(or do what Tim suggests).

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points