Skip navigation
newuseradobe99
Currently Being Moderated

adobe photoshop 11 freezes on startup

Feb 28, 2013 3:37 PM

when I start up adobe photoshop 11, the screen freezes on "initializing model ...".  the only way I know to fix the freeze problem is to reboot my computer.

Later on, I may need to do this workaround again.  this workaround is very aggrevating.  what do I need to do to fix this?  I was under the impression I purchased a professional product that wouldn't freeze randomly.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to newuseradobe99

Definitely some strange behavior. Has it ever worked? Did you have previous versions on this same system? If so, did they work? Have you tried changing your working environment at all, such as disabling startup items or running in a new user account?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 11:05 PM   in reply to Brett N

For once, Please try launching Organizer/Editor (or both) from their respective .exe's by right clicking the .exe file and select 'Run as admin'. The .exe's are located at:

Organizer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

Editor: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 5:05 AM   in reply to newuseradobe99

Step 1. Hold down the Alt + Ctrl + Shift keys as you click on the icon to open Elements. When asked if you want to delete the settings file, say yes.

Step 2. Reset the preferences as above.

Step 3. Close Elements and let the file regenerate.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to newuseradobe99

Close Elements.

Click the Start Button and then your user name (in place of mine) and navigate to:

C: Users >> 99Jon >> AppData >> Roaming >> Adobe >> Elements Organizer >>11.0 >> Organizer

Delete the PSA file (with key symbol) and delete Status.dat

After deleting these two files re-start the program

AppData may be a hidden system file. See the link to reveal hidden files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to newuseradobe99

These files are you settings files, they store things like your Preferences, which catalog you are using, etc. Deleting these forces the application back to it's defaults, the same as it was when you first opened it. Deleting this at every launch would undo some of the work you did the last time you used the application. If deleting these files allows the application to work for a short time, this means these files are being corrupted and thus the root cause of this issue has not yet been discovered. In cases like this, the most common culprit is another application running in the background preventing the file from saving correctly (such as anti-virus scanning the file during it's creation). To verify this, I would suggest shutting down all background processes, deleting the files mentioned, and then running the Organizer a couple times (open and close it). See if the behavior comes back.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 1:17 AM   in reply to newuseradobe99

Please refer to blog: http://psekb.blogspot.in/2013/03/pse-organizer-is-not-launching.html

Hope it resolves the issue.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points