Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Some buttons cannot be reached, selected

Feb 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Tags: #buttons #blu-ray #encore #cs6 #menus

I have a Blu-Ray menu of text buttons linking to 19 chapters, and two text buttons linking to the main sequence and back to main menu.

The latter two, and one of the chapter buttons cannot be navigated to in Preview. Neither by using the virtual remote arrows, nor by hovering cursor over the button. I haven't tried burning a Blu-Ray; don't want to waste discs and time yet.

All of the manual button routing is set correctly (and auto-routing turned of on menu.) There should be several routes to get to these buttons, but they act like dead-ends, as if the button being navigated from is routed to itself (in that particular direction.)

Mac OSx 10.82

Encore 6.0.1.013

Menu created by: Blank HD menu; create text object; duplicate text objects, arrange them in columns; turn them all into chapter buttons (enough to cover all chapter markers in sequence; I didn't want multiple submenus); set each to "Set Name from Link"; renumber them in order I wanted (3 columns) for next step; link first chapter button to first chapter; Menu/Create Chapter Index to automaticaly link the rest; turn off "Set Name from Link" for all; rename buttons to put chapter # in front of chapter name (I didn't think of adding that to Chapter Marker name); manually route all buttons; check that no buttons are overlapping (according to lack of red outlines); at some point the button numbering changed, but no matter, as the routing is what I cared about.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 7:45 PM   in reply to vrvince

The latter two, and one of the chapter buttons cannot be navigated to in Preview. Neither by using the virtual remote arrows, nor by hovering cursor over the button.

Sounds like a button routing problem, except that you covered that, and the hover should work. Build to a folder and test (but perhaps not on mac?).

Are  you sure those iwth problems are buttons and have links?

You might post a screenshot of your flowchart. Also, double check your button routing in the menu monitor.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to vrvince

Apparently Adobe has decided to carry over the limitation for DVD menus into Blu-ray authoring.  That's too bad.  Anyway, if you're wondering why 18 is the limit, it's because of that.  The DVD spec limit on widescreen menu buttons is 18.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points