Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to burn a SD DVD correctly from an Encore CS6 Blu-ray project and content?

Feb 28, 2013 6:42 PM

Hi all,

I shot and edited AVCHD 1080i30 (60i) square pixel video from a Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5U camcorder in Premiere CS6.  I then exported the 1920x1080 edited mpeg2 blu-ray m2v file for import into Encore Cs6.  Burning a blu-ray disc in Encore CS6 from this mpeg2 bluray m2v file is no problem and look great even with the default settings.

However, I also want to burn a standard DVD using the same HD Encore CS6 project without having to go back to Premiere CS6 and output a 710x480 mpeg-dvd file.  I thought i could simply select the dvd format under the build tab in Encore thinking Encore would handle all the necessary conversions to burn a 720x480 DVD but the menus look jaggy and the video does not play smoothly.

Is it possible to burn a standard DVD correctly from an Encore CS6 HD project and content, or is it better to have Premiere CS6 output a 720x480 mpeg-dvd file and create a new standard 720x480 dvd Encore project instead?

Acording to Encore Help, it says "You can build the same project to DVD and Blu‑ray formats no matter which format you select in the New Project or Project Settings dialog box. Encore makes the appropriate adjustments to transcode the elements to the correct format.", but i'm not convinced Encore is doing things correctly.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2013 8:19 PM   in reply to nados

the menus look jaggy and the video does not play smoothly.

That's why I recommend creating two projects, one for BD and one for DVD, each with it's own assets and menus.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points