Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge New keywords are not shown on startup

Feb 28, 2013 11:37 PM

Tags: #photoshop #bridge_keywords

Hi,

I have some images, (in folder X) which I tagged with NEW keywords I created.

When I reopen bridge, these new keywords are not shown by default.

In ordert to see the above keyword, in the keyword panned, i have to navigate to folder X.

Is this a normal behavoure for bridge?

Is there a way to show all the new user ekywords on startup?

I am working with bridgew CS6, win7 x64.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 1:44 AM   in reply to karpiyon

I have some images, (in folder X) which I tagged with NEW keywords I created.

When I reopen bridge, these new keywords are not shown by default.

I think you use Photoshop or other application to add keywords?

The Bridge keyword panel offers you the option to create your own keyword list with parent keywords and sub keywords in it. You can also import an existing keyword list using the little menu icon top right in the keyword panel. And export for back up or new version and/or computer.

If you have Bridge pointed to a file the keywords do show in the list but as italic instead of normal. This means the file has a keyword that is not in the list of Bridge itself. You can make it persistent by using right mouse click on the keyword and after this it shows always in the panel regardless if you point to the file with the keyword or not.

So if you want to make the most of your search function and using keywords you should start to build your own list. This can be done in Bridge but also in a simple text application. Just try to add some different keywords with a couple of sub keywords to the metadata panel and when done use the export function. This provides you with a good example of how to make your own list in a text application that you then cam import again.

Off course before staring to create a long list in a text application be sure to start with a short list and see if importing succeeds…

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points