Skip navigation
AndrewMorton201303
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Bridge web gallery - HTML Gallery template problem

Mar 1, 2013 4:36 AM

In CS6 Bridge, a web gallery created with the HTML Gallery template puts the images in a directory with a path of content\bin\images. This prevents the images from being served from IIS - the bin directory is by default a "Hidden segment". There is no need for the directory hierarchy generated to use the name "bin".

I know how to work around the issue, but it would be better if the issue was not present in the first place. I tried to report it as a problem on photoshop.com, but was unable to login.

How do I report this problem to Adobe?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to AndrewMorton201303

Correct. Use Dreamweaver to uploaded my galleries once saved from Bridge CS6. Once I save it, I'll go into the specific HTML gallery I just saved and rename the "bin" folder to whatever you choose. I used "img". Dreamweaver will then prompt you to replace all instances of "bin" and replace with "img". We use IIS7. Then I upload and I can see the images. Thanks Andrew!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:53 PM   in reply to AndrewMorton201303

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to AdobeWizard2013

(Me again, my previous Adobe ID broke). We don't have Dreamweaver, and the users who create and upload web galleries would not be able to use such tools (or a text editor which works on several files at the same time). My workaround is to have a directory dedicated to their web galleries using a web.config file of

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<security>

<requestFiltering>

<hiddenSegments>

<remove segment="bin" />

</hiddenSegments>

</requestFiltering>

</security>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

So that the HTML web galleries' "bin" sub-directories are accessible.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points