Skip navigation
chutters1966
Currently Being Moderated

Folder is 'greyed out'

Mar 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Hi Guys, being new to elements 11 and after getting the media from my folders, I had an issue with the files and after attempting to reconnect them for an age, I gave up (as I had to do each one manually!!! grrr!!!!). I have now deleted the folders apart from one, which I have tried to delete both the folder and sub-folder but both are greyed out.

Help!!!!!

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to chutters1966

I would try making a new catalog. Don’t worry about duplication; Organizer only makes links to your folders and photos.

Click: File >> Manage Catalogs

Click the New button

Give your catalog a name e.g. My Catalog2 (or whatever you prefer)

Check the box Import Free Music - that will bring in the Adobe MP3 tracks used in slideshows

Then click OK

When the new catalog opens click: File >> Get Photos and Videos >> From Files & Folders

Navigate to your root folder (normally Pictures or My Pictures) then press Ctrl+A to select all sub folders or mark the checkbox.

Click Open or Get Media

Wait for Elements to complete the import, accept all keyword suggestions (select all) and then wait for thumbnails to finish generating.

In future don’t move photos to new locations using the OS e.g. Windows Explorer, otherwise you break the links and Elements has no idea where the photos are. Simply select thumbnails and drag files to folders from within Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 2, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to chutters1966

Actually, that's the whole point of version sets. They exist only as a set of instructions to PSE that aren't applied until you call up that particular version, so they take up much less space than a duplicate photo would.

If you really want to eliminate your originals (unwise, IMNSHO), then send them to the editor for smart fix and set the editor preferences>Saving Files>On First Save to save over existing file. (The organizer fixes always make versions.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points