Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Pages Not Following Master When Deleting a Page

Mar 1, 2013 7:50 AM

This is strange. I'm going through this book making good pages. I lost a page at the end of a chapter and deleted it, which moved the chapter opening page back one. Now, from there on all the running heads on the text pages are off. I have to apply the master page spread again from there to the end of the file. If I delete another page, I have to go through the whole thing again. I'm not using Liquid Layout, but I do Enable Layout Adjustment (as I always do).

Here are some screenshots:

1. How the spread should look with the running heads positioned properly.

1 Good Page.png

2. How the spread looks if I delete a page before it.

2 Bad Page.png

3. The dialogue box that appears when I choose to reapply the master pages.

3 Dialogue.png

I'm at a loss. This has never happened in any previous version of InDesign.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to Richard Groff

I personally think there may be some bugs in the Page tool, but I only have reports of strange behavior to go on.

Make a copy of the file for backup, in fact make a second for experimentation, too.  First thing I would try is exporting to .idml: Remove minor corruption by exporting. I don't really expect a miracle, but it won't hurt to try.

I'm also curious why ID thinks a custom page size is in use. In your experimental file (I don't want you to touch the Page tool in the original or backup copies at this point), select the page tool and see what size ID thinks the page actually is. I don't normally use the Page tool myself, so I'm a little fuzzy on it, but I just did a scary little expriment of my own and made a custom page size that had the same dimensions as "letter" and found I could no longer select letter as a size, even in a new file, until I deleted the custom size from the list.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Richard Groff

I guess you should tell ID to use the master page size.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 9:08 AM   in reply to Richard Groff

I meant you seem to need to make a choice in the dialog that comes up, so that's the one I'd try first.

And Save some copies as as ytou go along to submit to Adobe. I think you should file a bug and they may want to see the files. Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points