Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to draw centre line with white background?

Mar 1, 2013 9:32 AM

Tags: #jets

Hi,

I need to draw a centre line with white background on it. Now i'm doing it by pasting the main line in the background and giving it white so that it shows a white backgound. Is there a way to do just by drawing like normal lines. If we can, is it possible to control the white backgound only to show less than the original line in both ends. This is for illustrations i do for exploding views and i need to draw this line to show it as assembly drawing.

Thanks

Manoj

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to manoj kannan

You can use the Appearance panel to add as many strokes to a single line as you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to manoj kannan

What Larry said. See the screen capture below. Note the appearance panel; the second white stroke under the black, and how the different end caps afect the white second stroke.

-- OB

Appear.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 1:46 AM   in reply to manoj kannan

1. Draw a white line segment of desired width (stroke weight) with round cap (Stroke panel) for the background line.

2. Copy, Paste in Front

3. Change to desired foreground color, butt cap, reduce stroke weight.

4. Opt/Alt–drag foreground segment to overhang background segment by desired amount on both ends.

5. Select both segments and drag to Brushes panel, choose Art Brush.

6. In Art Brush Options choose Stretch Between Guides, drag guides somewhere to the inside of curve of round caps. (If in step 3 you chose black, set Colorization Method to Tints. Then you can select any color for the foreground segment by setting the stroke color.) Name the brush as you choose. Click OK.

7. Draw any path and apply the brush.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2013 4:40 AM   in reply to manoj kannan

After you've set up the multi-stroke Appearances and/or Brushes, apply each treatment to a path. Then define a Graphic Style based on each path, named accordingly (ThrustLine Object Thick, Object Thin, Halo, etc.). Save the document containing the Graphic Styles as a template.

Thereafter, you can apply the various treatments with a single click on the appropriate Graphic Style. Share the template across your workgroup so everyone's work is consistent.

JET

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points