Skip navigation
bikercrze1@aol.com
Currently Being Moderated

How do I output 10 minute versions of my 68 minute video.

Mar 1, 2013 9:14 AM

I am working on an HP Desktop running windows 7 and Premiere elements 10.  My current video is 68 minutes long and I am trying to figure out the best way to output shorter versions.  I want 10 minute clips to be bale to load to YouTube without having to delete the rest of the video.  Is there a way to hide a portion of the video while I output certain parts of it.  Is there a way to copy and paste part of it or a way to delete and bring it all back once I have output the portion I need?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to bikercrze1@aol.com

The only way to get 10 mins. from 68 mins., would be to Export/Share/Publish the 68 min. Timeline in basically 10 min. segments, that one could watch sequentially, 01, 02, etc., through 07, or to edit that Timeline much more tightly, to trim it down to 10 mins.

For ease in doing the first, you can use the WAB (Work Area Bar), to Export/Share/Publish segments of the Timeline. For more info on the WAB, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3961685#3961685

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to bikercrze1@aol.com

(Hunt beat me by five minutes!)

There are Work Area Bars that slide left and right above the timeline.  The set a start and stop point for both real time rendering and output transcoding.

When you create a computer video file, there is a check box that says "Share WorkArea Bar Only". 

Set the bars for the ten minutes you want and check the box.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to whsprague

Bill,

But you made note of the Export/Share/Publish setting to USE the Work Area, which I did not include, and that is important. I added that instruction to the Tips & Tricks article.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

You are very welcome!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)