Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

HELP? Control panel boxes hidden till I mouse-click over them

Mar 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Is anyone having the same problem as me? Certain control panels are hidden until I mouse-click over them.

For example: If I go to Manage Sites, double click on a site and click on Servers, all I see is the top three lines of text. The space below is just grey. However, if I mouse-click over the grey area below, I see the server box panel. Likewise, if I move the mouse to the bottom right of the grey panel, the Cancel and Save buttons appear. If I move to the left, the Help button appears.

I've come across this problem occasionally in Illustrator too. Not sure when it started. Any ideas how to fix it?

I have Adobe CS6 Master Suite

Everything is latest update

I use a 27" iMac (2.8GHz Intel Core i7) running OSX 10.8.2

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

What is the screen resolution you are using?

Did you tried decreasing or increasing it?

-Harshit yadav

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 3, 2013 11:49 PM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ralph, on Mac OS 10.8, the resolution option is hidden by default, as the option pre-selected is 'Best for built-in display'.

Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 1.17.36 PM.png

Here's how you can make it show up. Click on 'Scaled' as shown here to see a list of possible screen resolutions:

Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 1.17.43 PM.png

If you're on max resolution, reduce it to see if it helps. Do post back if you need further questions.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 4:31 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ralph, can you try resetting your cache: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ralph, what build of DW are you on? Click on Dreamweaver > About Dreamweaver (open up About Box) and please check the build number. It will be something like 12.0 5xxx or 12.0 6xxx. Also, ensure you click Help > Updates and download, install all available updates please.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

A similar thread I'm following up here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5103206#5103206

Can you try the steps that have been outlined for this poster?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Clearing Preferences or trashing your cache will not delete your site definitions. They're stored separately.

Btw, is this happening only to your 'Site' panel? Is it occuring elsewhere within DW?

No, other Master collection apps will not interfere to cause this issue.

DW CS5 and DW CS6 are 2 independent softwares - so yes, CS5 working just fine is the way its supposed to be.

Can you try one more thing?

• Create a new user account for your system, try installing CS6 there to see if this problem persists.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Just tried new user account. Site panel works fine

Comes down to one thing now. Your primary user account is malfunctioning, maybe? On your Mac OS, can you open 'Disk Utiilty' and Verify Disk Permissions & Verify Disk to see if any errors come up during verification? And if you do see any errors, 'Repair' them. See if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to RalphDCW

Can you try this:

See if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ralph, this is unfortunate. Rest assured, we'll help you resolve this. For good!

just wondered if any of the Cloud install software could have become mixed up with the install software from the Master Collection?

No. They wont interfere with each other.

Do you have the .dmg install suite that you originally received for CS6? If you do, clean Creative Suite, Creative Cloud & Edge Animate once again. DO NOT REMOVE ADOBE APPLICATION MANAGER. 2 instances of it is fine. Let it be. Removing it may cause your perpetual license or your subscription to stop working and you will no longer be able to receive updates. We'll get to it if this still does not resolve your issue.

• Use the .dmg installer to re-install Master Collection from scratch
    • Launch any one of the applications - you may be prompted to enter your Serial Key (if not already prompted during installation)
    • Activate your license
    • Try opening any one of the apps from Master Collection (not Edge Animate or anything from the cloud)
    • See if it works. Repeat for all apps from Master collection to double check
    • Open Adobe Application Manager now (Sometimes, cleaning Creative Cloud will get rid of Adobe Application Manager - known issue was reported a while ago. Not sure if this is fixed yet. If AAM is missing, download and re-install from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774)
    • You may be prompted to enter your Adobe ID. Continue, validate and see what status shows up against each of the apps

Post back with your results.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

I tried Photoshop - but got the same Update Failed

Can you open Photoshop. Go to Help > Updates to see if that works?

For After Effects, seems like Verdana Italic has been disabled by the OS for some reason which is why this error - since Verdana is required for AE's interface.

From Finder > Go > Type this:

~/Library/Fonts Disabled

Hit Enter. You'll see this folder. Check if 'Verdana' lies in this folder. If it does, move it to:

~/Library/Fonts

Now, try opening AE to see if it works.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Let us first fix what went 'terribly' wrong with your use of CS Cleaner tool. Once we fix those and restore all other apps, lets touch back on DW to see if there's another way we can fix it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Photoshop - Wonder why this is goofing up. Let me forward this to an Adobe Support Personnel who will help you resolve this 'Update' issue.

AE - Can you open 'Font Book' on Mac OS and Validate your fonts to see if anything shows up 'Corrupt'? If it does, fix them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

In the meantime pls follow this link on a manual update fix for the error you're seeing: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-upda tes-ccm.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 5, 2013 7:57 PM   in reply to RalphDCW

Can you try a new user account again to see if it works fine there?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to hyadav

Thanks for intervening, Harshit.

@Ralph, Harshit is an Adobe employee and is here to help resolve your issue.

-ST

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 6, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Hope you're able to get a fix for this soon!

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 8, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ralph, I totally understand your situation at this point in time. I know how frustrating it can be. I was trying my best to work with you to help resolve your problem - had no idea all of this would happen with a 'regular, standard process flow' that I've worked with many users in the past. I apologize.

Did you try the 'Manual Updates' using this link: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Download the .dmg files individually for the programs that need updating and try applying the update to see if that makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 8, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to RalphDCW

Ah well.

2 more suggestions:

Try this: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html#main_AnalyzeSummary - Post .log file on pastebin if possible, so maybe I can take a look at it too

Try this as well: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/support-advisor-install-troub leshooting-app.html - Will read the log files for you and suggest possible help docs (we'll see if that brings up something Google couldnt so far!)

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points