Skip navigation
JoelW
Currently Being Moderated

Using HTML is CS6

Mar 1, 2013 1:47 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6

I use HTML, not CSS, and was surprised to find (too late!) that the property manager in CS6 is not capable of changing fonts within a paragraph. Can CS6 be upgraded so that the property manager is again fully capable of editing HTML? If not, what is the last version of Dreamweaver with which this was possible, and is there a way to download it? (I'd be willing to uninstall my CS6).

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 1:58 PM   in reply to JoelW

Adobe removed the olde html markup elements because css is the Standard for the web now. Browsers will likely follow suit in the not to distant future by completely ignoring deprecated code, rather than switching to Quirks Mode to display  using outdated code items.

It will greatly improve your websites to take the time to learn cascading stylesheets and how they can affect your html. CSS is one of the simplest languages to learn the basics of and as you use it, you learn more advanced ideas that allow your sites to really stand out from the crowd.

Here is a great starting point: http://www.w3schools.com

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to JoelW

Then you either code by hand in Code View or use another tool other than Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver has been very CSS-centric for all formatting for several versions now.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to JoelW

Joel, if you use a pre-built style sheet with a few basic styles in it, it's very simple to apply them from the class list in your HTML Properties panel. See screenshot.

CS6-properties-class.jpg

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to JoelW

I think the last Macromedia version, DW8, will do what you want.  It came out in 2005.  I have no idea where you could buy it today, or if it will perform well on modern operating systems.  Learning CSS would be simpler. 

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points